Friday 17 January 2020

Chinese New Year--Year of the Rat

It is a tradition around Chinese New Year to give out red envelopes--usually with money inside of them--well, this past Thursday, I received a beige envelope--not with money inside--but, with a letter of intent. The letter consisted of my current employer's non-intent to renew my contract when it ends in July. To their credit, they did give me this much notice and didn't outright let me go before the break, but I can't say that it was pleasing nor a surprise to be honest. They should have never hired me for a position that I was not qualified for. I never pad my resume, so they knew what they were getting, I, on the other hand, feel a bit blindsided. At any rate, I still appreciate that they gave me a chance. I was undecided about going for another year in a position that was above my skill level anyway. My employer merely made the decision for me. Sticking with DDPY, you have to live 90%--nothing I can do about whether or not the employer likes me or what I do, I'm only responsible for my work ethic which they can say nothing negative about--and be truthful. Upward and onward I suppose, but I'm totally undecided about which direction this entails. It might be time to wrap up international travel and head back home.

So, on the DDPY front, I continue to be excellent in the workouts having gone maybe 17 or 18 days in a row as I'm typing. The diet is still more miss than hit. I have three weeks off for this Chinese New Year, so I'm going to try my hardest to get things in line while I'm away from distractions--here's the plan:

Two DDPY sessions per day.
No sugar.
No beer.
No fast food--hard to type that one.

Can't expect to do this beyond the three weeks, so I'm happy just to take the one session today, but if I can do this for three weeks, who knows what kind of amazing results I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment