Thursday 1 March 2018

2018 March Update

I promised to keep up with the blog this year...among other resolutions. And two months in--sitting at the computer on the 1st of March--It's reflection time.

February Final Tally:

Weight Loss Struggle: Once again, could be better, could be worse. I'm still motivated for sure and February ended on a very good run. In the end I went 13/24--this assumes taking one scheduled recovery day a week--I improved from 48% to 54%. Proof positive on how the stats can "lie". February is a short month, so it was bound to look better--or worse than Jan. March on the other hand is a long one, and may be the month that defines this latest run at fitness. I stopped doing the military diet, but I think it did what it was supposed to...which was to get me pointed in the right direction. My portion sizes are still too large, but not as big as I'm accustomed to. I'm doing a fairly decent job of avoiding trigger foods. I can't remember if I had any fast-food this month at all. Not that all my home-cooked meals are healthy, but at least my wife can control the ingredients list. When I update next month, I'll need to really access the situation thoughtfully. Everyone wants fast results. In the past I've been too inconsistent to see if I'm really changing or not. If anybody could work out 26 times and turn around years of bad habits then everyone would do it. Still frustrating that you put so much work in for so little results. I have to focus on this being a long-term, permanent part of my life...and I don't know that I ever will.  

RPG Update: On to bigger and brighter things. This week I'm modifying some 7th Sea mass combat rules and letting the Ryuutama group give it a go. Scheduling issues are popping up again with the group. I have a lot of fun running for them, but sometimes I'd like to just pull the plug. In this system characters work their way up to level ten before going on a Legendary Journey which should end the campaign. My highest level players are at seven now. I'm torn between speeding up the process or letting them grown naturally. I really want to end the campaign as if I'm ending a story for once rather than the traditional way where everyone slowly gets scattered to the four winds. A very fun system this Ryuutama.

Bible Reading Update:Currently in the books of Leviticus, Job, Isaiah, and John. Leviticus has been a slog if there ever was one, but I'm likely to finish it up today. Unfortunately, as far as the Old Testament is concerned, I've read a lot from Numbers on different attempts at reading the Bible through and I'm afraid it isn't going to get much better for a little while. I finished off the Psalms and Luke in February. It's kind of like my working out, if I can see progress, I feel better about the whole project.





My other resolutions then have fallen to the wayside. I finally got my drawing figures which turned out to be about the same size and level of articulation as the Sailor Mercury figure that already had. I still haven't gotten around to taking up any of my drawing lessons though. If I can pull off good results from these three projects--plus the fourth which is keeping the blog updated--then I'll be doing alright.

There are 31 days in March...let's see what we can do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment