Friday 30 September 2016

Election 2016: What Happened to the Youth Movement?

Today on my Facebook feed a liberal friend asked what kind of a world I wanted to leave for my daughter in regard to the upcoming elections. We've been locked in the usual and useless left winger vs. right winger arguments for years even before this divisive election year. According to two of my fellow conservatives, my reply won the internet...at least for now...and here it is:

 "I would like for Chloe to live in a world wherein the United States returns to being a nation where no one--not even Presidents or Secretaries of State--is above the law. I want a world wherein our nation--allegedly a constitutional republic--actually follows its own constitution. I want a nation that stops assaulting our God given rights for the sake of political correctness. I want a nation that chooses life--including the lives of millions of unborn babies--over death, national sovereignty over international acceptance, and common sense over a false definition of 'tolerance'. In essence I want Chloe to live in a world that is the exact opposite of the one being brought about by progressives like Obama and Hillary."

I would also have hammered the need for secure boarders, but I know that my liberal friend--and he is a friend in a literal non-sarcastic way, unlike how I normally use the phrase--happens to have entered the States illegally as a child. I feel it's "punching down", but friends or not we do need secure boarders. We need to take the figurative handcuffs off of our law enforcement officers and allow them to do their duties and make judgement calls without fear of repercussions from so-called "racial profiling", and in rare situations, we need to put literal handcuffs on the law enforcement officers who do cross the line. The three branches of our government also--desperately--need to learn their roles and functions. Activist courts--especially the highest court in our land with the lifetime appointments--should not be allowed to create laws. It isn't their function. The White House shouldn't be celebrating the fact that our Judicial branch overstepped their bounds either. These are issues that I hope are fixed if Mr. Trump takes office. Will he actually be able to pull off a win...and then be effective dealing with congress? I can't say. He may be the absolute worst of them all, but right now we don't know that. We DO know that Hillary is a rattlesnake. I for one would rather take my chances with the mystery box than the known rattlesnake, and it seems a lot of people are coming around to that way of thinking. I just hope it's not too little, too late.

Some have asked me is there anything good that you can say about the current POTUS. I usually reply that it is good that he'll be retiring soon. Today, I put a bit more thought into the question and I think the one good thing that I can say about Obama is that at least he was young.  Hillary Clinton is 68 and Donald Trump is 70. When Obama finally does retire after serving two terms--and that day cannot come soon enough--he'll still be younger than either of his upcoming replacements. So I ask, What Happened to the Youth Movement? At age 42 I'm still young enough that it doesn't bother me having someone older than I am in office. Someone say 10 or even 20 years older than me would should still be somewhat in touch with the younger generation while using the knowledge and wisdom that comes with experience....but 68?  70? Just starting term one? I thin they've gone past the tipping point. These folks should be enjoying retirement. At some point it's only natural that the elderly can't keep up with modern technology and that they begin to lose some of their mental, physical and social prowess. No wonder Hillary is having coughing fits, collapsing, and screwing up e-mails--she's an old lady--my mom can't even use Facebook, and when Trump goes off on a tangent sounding like a cranky, old grandpa who can't reign in his tongue--it's because he is one. Maybe this is the last hurrah for candidates of this age--certainly from their era, it almost has to be. Either way I'm not too concerned about facing a two term presidency from Aunty Hill even if she does manager to steal the election. Of course I am desperately worried about the amount of damage she can cause while waiting for the Grim Reaper to come and collect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment