Thursday 1 February 2018

2018: February Update

I promised to keep up with the blog this year...among other resolutions. And one month in--sitting at the computer technically just going into the 2nd of Feb--I'm trying to motivate myself to take in a late night/early morning workout. Probably won't happen this time, but at least I'm thinking about it.

January Final Tally:

Weight Loss Struggle: Could be worse. At turns I'm showing signs of improvement and being my lazy self. Always shocking how fast a week of not working out can add up while a week of actually working out properly drags. Anyhow for the month I ended up with a 13/27--this assumes taking one scheduled recovery day a week--for 48%. Hope to do better this month, but that's not too bad. I'm currently taking a modified "military diet" which is just calorie reduction based. I don't drink sodas and try to stay away from sweets in general. This one is three days on four days off, but these aren't four cheat days.

RPG Update: The group wound up getting back together on Roll 20 and we went 3/4 for an even better avg. than my workouts. I've managed to return to my live table group as well. Nothing of significance or humor to report though. I'm just glad to be back. Holidays are the bane of RPG groups so I'm glad we weathered that storm.

Bible Reading Update: Currently in the books of Leviticus, Psalms, Isaiah, and Luke. I've finished Genesis, Exodus, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, Ecclesiastes, Matthew, and Mark. I've tried many times to read through over the years, but this time I just might make it. Started this back in October technically, but I'm very far ahead of the plan because of it. Not going to lie, Exodus and Leviticus are slogs. The saying is true that every book of the Bible has been written for you, but not written to you. These books about the priests and the temple duties aren't all that exciting for me. Isaiah is pretty good and Luke is going okay, but he really did put a lot of detail into getting the facts down.

There's not much to say on my other topics. I haven't watched too many movies or done much with my other hobbies aside from the role playing. I started a WIX website, but I haven't finished it, and as to the deplorable things...it's been a relatively quiet month. There's some memo thing and a state of the union thing, but really I haven't been all that interested in it lately.

There's one monthly update down. I hope I have something more interesting to write about next month, but I'll just be glad if I can stay the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment