Thursday 20 August 2020

RPG A Day 2020--Day 20--Investigate

 RPG A Day 2020: Day 20—Investigate


Keeping the daily blog streak alive with this one. Immediately, the first idea that comes to my mind with this prompt is that it is the time of year when I am highly vested in investigating the ideas of fellow players and GMs and their feelings on the hobby. Throughout the rest of the year I may visit a blog or two or catch a video, but for the most part, the month of RPG a Day is when I branch out from the so-called “big names” and see what all is out there. It’s a big community. 


The second thing I think about is how lousy most campaigns are that focus on investigation and solving mysteries because number 1,  the characters are smarter than the players and number 2, sessions are disjointed and even for those who take copious notes it’s usually difficult to come up with the answers…always a let down when the big reveal of the mastermind finally happens and nobody knows who that  person is without checking their notes. The same goes for riddles and puzzles. It might be fun to give it a try, but when I’m struggling, let me roll for my girl. She’s got an 18 INT, she shouldn’t be counting on me. It’s not as if you make me pick up a sword and fight a guy when I’m playing as a character with 18 STR.

Until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment