Friday 11 October 2019

#DDPaDay Days 10-12 out of 31

Steady as she goes. One of the "interesting" things about living in China is the government's take on the internet. A lot of sites--including this one since it's Google based--are inaccessible by normal means, so we all use VPNs and everyone knows it. Sometimes--like the recent national day celebration--the VPNs will be blocked no matter which brand you use. Meaning that if they wanted to , the powers that be could shut down the whole show whenever they wanted. Fortunately for us, they apparently turn a blind eye to it most of the time. Obviously, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe it isn't cost effective to block us all or it's a pain in the ass to do it, but I like to think that our friends in the government are benevolent enough to treat their guests well in as much as they can. As to recent controversies--we really don't talk to them. I had one student notice that I was "acquiring" the Joker movie via ways and she told me that she'd like to see it, but probably would never be able to watch it out here due to violence concerns. Of course you can always go out to Hong Kong and watch whatever you want, but as you all know stuff is going on out there that is none of my business. On to DDPY talk...

Due to the aforementioned internet situation, it's almost impossible to report daily even if I was a constant blogger, so we'll probably just have recaps. I write something to myself everyday to keep my goals in the front of my mind even if I don't get to post. Currently I'm trying to purchase the DDPY App for my phone. I toured the place and it looks really good for the money. I also need to get the heart monitor of some kind and I think I'll be going with the Apple Watch because it's here and available. I also want to do a real weigh in as one means of progress and take pictures to share with you guys. No worries, until DDP comes out with a home electrolysis kit, I won't be subjecting anyone to the image of me shirtless. A Speedo top and regular shorts are not out of the question, but I do want them to be a little loose to show how far I can do certain positions. The small goal BTW is just to finish the beginner's program which I think I'm well on the way to doing. The large goal is to lose 46 pounds by age 46 which rolls around for me on January 29th. I think it's realistic, but only if I watch the diet problems.

Day 10

This is a scheduled day off in the beginners program. BTW if anybody is interested in trying it out for yourself, beginners level is almost easy enough for anybody to do, but if you are even deeper in trouble than I am, there are also workouts from bed, chair and standing only. When you see yourself doing these things the success you have will build up and up to more success.

Dietary Screw-ups:

Another one of those abomination hamburgers from McDonald's for lunch. I have to own it if I do it. I hope that I'm not done in by my love of pineapple on a hamburger, but I'm a sucker for it. The rest of the day was fine. 

Day 11

Workouts

Wakeup
Energy 
Fat Burner

Dietary Screw-ups:

A combo meal from Subway subs which included chips for lunch--a small victory, I chose water over soda

Midnight snacking...cookies...and I was watching AEW at the time, so I should have known better than to go beyond my boundaries when the very show that DDP is associated with is running. 

Day 12

Workouts

Wake up
Sweating and Swearing (free workout from YouTube)

It's still too early to call any screw-ups yet. If I have any, I'll at least own up to them. Also, cool that I got a reply from DDPY on Twitter. 

A long one today, but I don't want to close without speaking about some more upcoming challenges...

I have been recruited by and joined up with a local RPG group, so my D&D habit is rearing its head again. I must be careful that it doesn't steal too much time and beware of snacks and alcohol which seems to come with the territory.

Today I have a kids' birthday party to attend. All that good stuff that I shouldn't eat will likely be present.  I'll be concentrating on my breathing today for sure.

Unless you are actively keeping track of your diet and the temptations that come your way, you may not realize how many opportunities you have to blow it. It seems like a birthday, holiday season, vacation, free sample, or other chance for good tasting food that is bad for you is around every corner.  Another quick aside, cutting the dairy--even though I love cheese, ice-cream, and milkshakes has been fairly easy. Cutting the carbs....damn near impossible....I love noodles and beef noodle is like the best and I have access to it every day. I'll keep fighting it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment