Tuesday 8 October 2019

#DDPaDay Days 5-9 out of 31

I really am an untrustworthy narrator as far as disciplined blog entries go. If my workout calendar followed suit, I'd give up now, but as it stands I'm doing fine on the workouts--not so much on the diet.

Day 5

For beginners--I am in the second month of the two month beginner program--there are days off worked into the schedule. It happens that Saturday and Sunday were both days off this week. Since I was out on the town, I took advantage of that...but the food...I didn't own my boundaries and there's no excuse. 

Dietary Screw-ups:

McDonalds--an abominable double burger meal. Some fried chicken at a Chinese/Thai fusion place, Beef Skewers--which would be perfectly allowable

Day 6

Again off from DDPY, but I'd argue that with all the walking I put in that I pretty much did a workout in and of itself...Unfortunately, the food...

Dietary Screw-ups:

Lots of Italian food...spaghetti, bread, pizza, and a dessert...later, spare ribs and lots of sushi with a little fried rice--again going heavy on the protein this was actually fairly sensible for dinner...unfortunately I also had a beer with it which I really shouldn't at this point. 

Day 7

Terrible...too tired from the traveling I actually missed my DDPY as scheduled and to make matters worse...

Dietary Screw-ups:

Beef Noodle Soup--not bad at all actually...A second Abominable Mcdonald's double burger meal this time with  an ice-cream cone and a fried pie. This is when I call myself an idiot. All the working out goes down the toilet when you are stupid and the fact that I know better makes it worse. I finished off with a Spaghetti and meatball dinner from home and a beer to drink it down with. Thankfully the next day I got back on the wagon...

Day 8

Workouts:

Wake up
Energy
Fat Burner

No dietary screw ups yesterday...I didn't even drink the second beer yet. 

Day 9

Workouts:

Wake up
Energy 
Fat burner

No dietary screw ups yet, but I did have beef noodle soup for lunch again which isn't exactly what I'm looking for in the carb limiting experiment. Dairy is easy, the carbs are not. 

My biggest takeaways from the end of my vacation are that I should keep the detailed food journal no matter how tedious I find it, I should try to check in here every day; not just when I have time, but to make the time. I also need to take the pictures. It seems to help the people who do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment