Wednesday 28 August 2019

RPG A Day 2019--August 28th--Love

I'm a day late on my current side of the world, but it's still the 28th of August in the homeland, so I'll go ahead on and address today's topic 'Love'.

When it comes to most of my RPG sessions and campaigns, love stories don't get too much play. Characters may be motivated by their love of their homes or to win the heart of a princess or something like that. However, I'll point out a couple of things I have seen or read about:

1. I have had characters get married or have all of their actions in fact be about gaining the love of someone or going all John Cena/Liam Neeson/Keanu Reeves and have to save their wives, kids or dogs or stuff out of love.

2. I may allow what might be considered misogynistic behavior nowadays to go on with the PCs and various tavern wenches and the like as tends to come up. It depends on what group is at the table and whether or not they get offended. "Love Making" scenes, nevertheless, are always PG-13 and such act happen off camera. When feelings aren't mutual between the PC and the NPC--and there have been times when that has happened--it's no longer "love" once it becomes a crime and there will always be a big brother/bouncer/law man around to put a stop to it--and me to check the alignment of the character. It's also weird because when we're all guys playing who's going to want to talk to each other about those kinds of shenanigans? Luckily, it's never happened at any game I've been at or run.

So, I guess that's all the love/romance/me too behavior you get in one of my games.


No comments:

Post a Comment