Monday 15 August 2016

The RPG a Day 2016 Blog Day 15

August 15: What types or source of inspiration do you turn to most often for RPGs?

It's music. Whenever I'm playing online I've got all sorts of different music streaming from YouTube in the background. I usually pick from the genres that I like 80's music, electronic music, J-pop, older country music and older music from Western movies, there's a group called Post Modern Jukebox that I like a lot, and Genki Rockets--even when it doesn't match the genre that I'm playing. I think the closest thing to what's going on in my head would be the old Grand Theft Auto,  Bioshock or Fallout videogame commercials or maybe the old movie 'Christine'. I hear a song and it helps me to get into a game. When I'm coming up with a live table game scenario that I want to run or creating a character that I want to play as I'll have the music going on in the background, it seems to make me focused and helps me to pass time during  the more chore-like aspects of the hobby. Oddly, I don't play music when I'm running. I'm not sure if it would enhance the game for anyone but myself as everyone likes different genres of music, and it always seems to become one more piece of cumbersome paraphernalia to keep track of.  A short one today, but that's the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment