Monday 22 August 2016

The RPG a Day Blog 2016 Day 23

August 23: Share one of your best 'Worst Luck' stories.

This is a good luck story for one of the players but a bad luck story for the Storyteller and everybody else. We were playing Vampire the Dark Ages in original World of Darkness. I had a character named Erroll Synn who was pretty much a vampire Robin Hood. The party was supposed to be good guys--in as much as vampires can be, but one of the guys decided to go off the rails. He attacked a peasant right in front of everybody. My character tried to stop him, but was quickly beaten down. I would have been killed outright if I didn't have that ground meld power or whatever it was. Anyway, other party members tried to restrain the guy. It's been so long I can't fully remember how many--if any--other players were there that day, but they were all quickly dispatched. Then, the Storyteller started throwing NPCs at him who were also falling left and right. It was crazy because the guy should've been taken down fairly quickly, but everybody kept making terrible rolls. The guy ended up escaping, and if I remember right we ended the session very quickly because he went so gonzo. I can't remember how to play Vampire because it's been so long, but I know the Storyteller could have easily taken him out had he wanted to, but that night by playing "fair" and getting horrible rolls...over and over...one rouge player ruled the day. We were all laughing and it definitely became a memorable night even though I might have forgotten some of the details.  

No comments:

Post a Comment