Thursday 4 August 2016

The RPG a Day 2016 Blog Day 5 #RPGaDay

August 5: What story does your group of players tell about your character?

So, we're into day five and I get to tell you about another character. Probably my favorite player character is my female, gnome bard named Nissa Fumblebuck. Originally I created her for a Roll 20 13th Age one-shot, but I liked her so much that I brought her into my D&D games as well. I have run her in two roll 20 games--including one I'm in now--and I did my best to recreate her in Neverwinter for XBone, but she had to be a halfling rogue in that one. I don't know if any of my online friends tell stories about her or not, but from the start her gimmick was to sing anachronistic songs for her magic attacks...many lols were had at the expense of one Mr. Justin Bieber. Fortunately, for the other players and the DM these were text only affairs. This and her name seem to go over well whenever I play her. 

I eventually got to play as Nissa with a live table. The DM had me sing one time--extra exp I couldn't say no--and that was enough for everyone involved. The guys at the table remember Nissa most for her pet white rat named Baldric (named for the Black Adder character). All forest gnomes can talk to small animals, and Nissa had the rat because of the street urchin background. Whenever we came to an impasse the whole party allowed Baldric to be the arbiter. The DM was good with it, so I'd roll a % die and the stronger he felt about which way to go or what to do from the options that Nissa gave him we'd all follow. Now those sorts of situations pop up in the current campaign the guys wish that Nissa and Baldric were there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment