Saturday 20 August 2016

The RPG a Day Blog 2016 Day 21

August 21: What was the funniest misinterpretation of a game rule in your group?

My groups have always been fast and loose with the rules that's for sure, but for some reason or another I've never had an experience that I can remember wherein we were too far off base. That means diving back in to the pool of alternate questions:

What is your preferred method of character improvement and why?

No matter what system I'm playing, I focus on getting my Armor Class (or its equivalent) as high as I can. Almost nothing will get through my armor, so I don't worry as much about hit points. 5E is especially good for me in that regard because I can max out the DEX and bring the AC up at the same time. Then there are so many other things that can be used to further boost the defensive capabilities. If you have resistances to certain damage or the parry or duelist abilities the AC effectively keeps going up. It is rare that I'll take damage at all. Of course, if the DM really wants to kill me he can bring up a powerful monster and my AC doesn't help much with traps, but all things being equal, I think a strong defense is best.

A really short one today.



No comments:

Post a Comment