Friday 24 August 2018

New Experiment...Continued Resolutions...State of My Blog.

As I'm writing this I am on the eve of my return to school...which means work for me if you've not read my background.

I have been off for the last six weeks. This time it had to be a 'Staycation' here in the UAE, but it was fun enough. I think I can give a piece of advice for anyone no matter where you live, never go to an outdoor theme park if the humidity is 100%. I don't know exactly what 100% humidity means in weather terms, but the whole family was sweating like crazy throughout our visit of Legoland in Dubai. The plus side was there were very few people at the park and we were able to go to all the rides with no problem. We could have rode multiple times with no problem, but I'm getting old. The baby really enjoyed it and that's what counts.

Those following me regularly know that I've had a fairly good record of following through on New Year's Resolutions this year. Unfortunately, with summer break I've fallen off a lot. I'll give real numbers in a future update, but it's been disastrous. With one week left in August I've averaged maybe one workout per week--not including sweating it out in theme parks and other adventures, but those just don't count. Not a good August at all. Food wise...I've done worse, but I certainly could have done better. The bottom line is that my stomach is just as bloated as it's ever been. I'll have to try to get back on track for a big push to January...on the plus side, I can continue--there isn't really a time limit on these things. Unfortunately, my Bible reading has also stopped during the vacation, but I do continue to listen to sermons every week. It's a hard thing, but when I'm at work and on a schedule I think I do better in all aspects even though I skip here and there due to exhaustion. During vacation time when you think you will have more time to work on these things, you actually do less because of not having a schedule and being lazy. Either way, it looks like I can't win.

Every year in August, I participate in RPG A Day. I tend to get more views when I use that hashtag, but I don't like to use the hashtag when it's not a part of the blog. On the other hand, I like writing entries about interesting things. On the other other hand, although it helps me to work out some things creatively, I don't like to waste too much time writing stuff that no one reads. This school year--beginning--this week. I've decided to watch and review every WCW Halloween Havoc PPV. I'm at a disadvantage because I have no video to show, and wrestling isn't nearly as popular as it once was, but on the plus side, I'm the one writing it, so if people read it, they'll get at least one good laugh per episode. If I get views on these reviews, I'll keep it up throughout the year.

One more new experiment or thread running through this blog will be detailing my efforts in finding a new teaching position. This is the start of my 9th year of work in the UAE having worked 1yr in Taiwan previously. I want to keep working overseas, but I think it's time to find greener pastures. My daughter will shortly turn four years old. Whereas my wife and I can live out in the desert, my daughter needs more stimulus...and I'm a bit leery of her growing up within a lifestyle that is at odds--sometimes--with my personal beliefs. Last year I actually had a contract in hand from China to start this year :( Unfortunately, paperwork and expenses got in the way. This year from day one I want to do the things that will get me out of here. I don't want to be scrambling for a new position in May 2019...otherwise I'm likely to wind up back here again for year 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment