Sunday 26 August 2018

RPG A Day 2018: Day 27...Share a great stream / actual play

Let me first say that I can't get into these so much. I was listening to an older Cyberpunk one and I tried Critical Role, but the episodes run too long. I'd rather be playing or prepping my own game. I would actually prefer playing a videogame to watching one of these. I do find them useful when I want to see how a game is played, and I think they are a lot of help for people who haven't played before. I could imagine myself looking at more of them if I wasn't in a position to play or run my own games. I think when the game is streamed...especially the big ones like Critical Role...that it becomes more about acting and entertaining viewers than actually playing. I'm glad that the streams are doing well, but at the moment they run too long for me to get into them.

The Cyberpunk one starts here...the language isn't safe for work. I haven't made it to the end of the campaign but it is over. Vee is the only one worth watching for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRT3i2Fuvo

EDITED: R. Talsorian Games just put up some new actual plays including one ran by Maximum Mike himself...maybe more palatable than my previous recommendation--although I do find my original suggestion to be very funny.

https://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/2018/08/25/from-the-screamsheets-8-25-2018/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment