Sunday 19 August 2018

RPG A Day 2018: Day 20...Which game mechanic inspires your play the most?

I'm not sure that I fully understand the prompt on this one. If we're talking about the aspect of the game then exploration is my favorite by far. I like going through well designed dungeons and the like trying to discover what's inside and finding the way out. For me a game that is going good is one wherein combat is incidental.

On the other hand, I think my players often feel that a session without a combat is an 'off' week. As we are playing Cyberpunk 2020 currently, I've been trying to persuade them to be careful before they initiate a combat, they have been fine so far, but a couple of bad dice rolls and it will be all she wrote. I have some guys who are just as likely to fire a rocket launcher at someone as they are to negotiate. Sure, one of them is almost literally a walking tank, she is actually a bit more reserved as a character, but she can't be everywhere at once. Some of the others in the party are much squishier. As to exploration in this game we have the whole city, under the city, enormous sky scrapers, collapsed buildings in ruin, and the net to explore among other things.

That's about all I have for this one, I'll be interested to see what other people came up with for this prompt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment