Wednesday 29 August 2018

RPG A Day 2018: Day 30...Share something you learned about playing your character

I have learned so much about such a wide range of topics through playing my own character, but especially through running the game. Recently I found out how much the bounty is on one of the most wanted criminals in America..that would be $100,000.00 if we want to get a posse together. I learned how much damage C4 actually does...the game mechanic in Cyberpunk 2020 is a little bit generous, but then again they are using the powerful C6 one finds in 2020 and not the C4 we use here in the bygone past, but nevertheless I wanted to know. I learned exactly how big ships are and how much crew is needed to properly run them thanks to 7th Sea 2nd edition. Did you know that for long voyages animals for food as well as for dairy might be housed on a ship? Did you know that pirate crews ran their ships with such skeleton crews that they were often unmanageable? I know about it now. I've read about climates, the realistic effect of lava--unfortunately, you pretty much don't need to use it if you want to be realistic. The length of the average sedan. A somewhat working knowledge of metrics...I'm spatially challenged in real life so I'm not even good with standard measurements. I've learned about maps, the workings of the music industry and film making. In short...I've learned more things willing through playing and running RPGs than I ever have as a student or teacher...except within the very specific field of English Lit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment