Thursday 17 August 2017

RPG a Day 2017 Blog Day 1 (catch up)

I plan to catch up on questions that I missed this month and there is no better place to start than with Day 1:

What published RPG do you wish you were playing right now?

I have the feeling that I will be mentioning this game a lot over the upcoming blog entries. The game is Ryuutama. I was able to half-way run a one-shot back at Roll20 Con a couple of months ago. I wouldnt call it my finest hour as GM, but it was still a lot of fun. The game comes from Japan originally, but the setting is fantasy ala D&D. The journey from land to land is highly emphaised--and quite dangerous for the light-hearted tone of the setting overall. The combat/journey/character creation/city creation/world creation give opprotunities for both players and the gm to be as creative as they want to be. It gives the players agency, but not in an annoying way. I am giving serious though to running a full campaign using this system as the cornerstone for my next Roll*20 endeavors...that being said, I am not sure what my RPG schedule is going to look like for the 2017-2018 season, but I have the feeling I will be cutting back a bit, but that is possibly a discussion/opinion for another entry.

#RPGaDay2017


No comments:

Post a Comment