Saturday 19 August 2017

RPG A Day 2017 Blog: Day 20

Where do you go for out of print RPGs?

For PDFs you can get almost anything you want from the usual suspects online...depending on where your moral compass lies. Personally, especially with the long out of print books from companies that are out of business anyway, I will take a download where I can find it. Somewhere, sometime, somebody had to purchase the book, and it is not like I would be supporting a dead company or the original authors of the book by tracking down a copy from a reseller.

That being said, I like print copies better than PDF. I live and work in the United Arab Emirates, so 10/12 months, I have no used book stores to speak of. On the years when I take summer break in the States, I do have a local store which I visit, unfortunately, the guy who runs it is too saavy for his own good. Is it better to keep a used book @$20.00 and keep it on your shelf for years or let me take it off your hands for half that? This often leads me to search Ebay and Amazon. For the dozen or so readers I get, did you know that you can get many out of print items brand-new from Amazon? I do not know how they manage to do it, and most of the time the prices are better than you will find at the physical stores...unfortunately, for those of us who do work overseas, the shipping and handling is a killer. The struggles of a RPG player will never end.

#RPGaDay2017

No comments:

Post a Comment