Tuesday 22 August 2017

RPG a Day Blog 2017: Day 11, 12, & 13 (catch up)

What dead RPG do I want to see reborn?

I would like to see the system from the DC Heroes to come back particularly 2nd edition. I remember having a lot of fun using the wheel that came with it. For the brief time that we played it my brother and I were in middle school and had that type of humor in our games. I remember Batman knocking out the Scarecrow with a well thrown piece of doggy do. I would like to see how a modern version of the same gimmick would play out...I may even look for a used copy on EBAY.

What RPG has the most inspiring interior art?

The games that I am pushing this year have great art work. Ryuutama perfectly captures the look of the Miyazaki films that it is inspired by. 7th Sea 2nd edition has amazing artwork, I wish that real history books were presented as well as these books are. I would read a lot more text books if they were presented in such a way.

Describe a game experience that changed the way you play?

Last year I wrote about the racist guy who inflitrated my old group years ago for a one-shot. That remains the biggest event to change the way I play...which is to beware of strangers. Unfortunately, the lesson that I learned this year is to load up on players if you want to run an online game. The sweet spot for gaming for me is a group of four players and one DM. To consistently get that, I find that I should recruit eight players initially and keep in touch with alternate prospects who have shown interest. My 7th Sea campaign did wind up with a core group of three who played well and showed up regularly--a fourth player left amicably with proper notice;)--the rest of the multitudes came and went through a revolving door. I finally had to pull the plug when my the last of my originals went back to university about three weeks before the grand finale. If I run a new camapaign for the 2017-2018 season, I will stack the players and try to bring a satisfying ending to campaign chapters every three months or so, and then assess the situation as to whether or not we should continue.

#RPGaDay2017







No comments:

Post a Comment