Friday 25 August 2017

RPG A Day 2017 Blog: Day 26

Which RPG provides the most useful resources?

5E has some very useful resources no doubt. Many modern games do, no doubt about it. Most of the major companies give players enough free resources online that you really dont even need to buy in to play. This is in sharp contrast how things used to be when information was spread off across many, many books with virtually no way to try before you buy. That being said, I will always want a print copy when I can get it. It is satisfying to flip through a book and to hold it in my hands. Now dont think thats just for old men, as anecdotal evidence I present my own 3 year-old daughter who loves books and runs right up to any bookshelf in her area. She also loves our tablets and smartphones, and that leads me to say...

The most useful resources are background books and nobody gave me more background books this year than 7th Sea 2nd edition. Some might say TMI, but if you want to know about the world of Thea and its nations, its all there. An absolute ton of books in the first kickstarter, soon to be followed by a new kickstarter about Eastern Nations. I say again that if real history books were presented in this fashion, that I would be a better student of history.

#RPGaDay_2017

No comments:

Post a Comment