Friday 12 August 2022

RPG A Day 2022--Day 13--How Would You Change the Way You Started RPGing?

Super short...I wish in the first go at it that I had known what was a D&D starter set and purchased that  vs. the supplement that I picked up instead--whatever it actually was. In the second go--the proper start--I wish that I would have pushed to play more with my mom and dad. If I knew the rules of the game itself better or had the skills with which to run general games better, it would have been more fun. However, it's just not possible to get good--er, passable--at a thing unless you start at the bottom and work your way up. Also, generally speaking, I wish I had run more games with family and friends than investing time on solo pursuits like video games and watching TV shows. 


This is the artwork I always imagine when I bought the "kit" rather than a proper starting set when I first tried to play D&D...but it couldn't be as this one was much later in the product line. Some mysteries I'll never solve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment