Monday 22 August 2022

RPG A Day 2022: Day 22--Who is Your Current Character?

 I run more than I play, but as I mentioned yesterday, Ryuutama does offer the special Ryuujin character and mine's name is Navi Brightheart. I make her like her namesake from The Legend of Zelda and have her say, "Hey, Listhen" every chance I get and she does retain an extra fondness for elves. The Ryuujin has  three main forms that interact with the PCs. There is a small form that hangs around with them that could be anything that keeps turning up. Navi is a small marionette in this form. The second form is her real self. For Navi that is the green pixie from 5E. Finally, there is the dragon form which for Navi is a green dragon. The Ryuujin is like a permanent NPC, but once one is maxed out, their usefulness to the party vs. the usefulness of the high-level PCs tends to fade--which is probably as it should be. Navi is no "Mary Sue" saving PCs all the time--in fact, NPCs are technically, mechanically better than her at this point in my campaign, but she can still help out here and there, and I like playing her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment