Monday 30 August 2021

RPGaDAY Day 29: System

 #RPGaDAY2021 Day 29 'System'

Running late today especially out in China, but in the spirit of not missing a single prompt, today I'll very quickly talk about my favorite system.
When it comes down to it, D&D5E is the best system for me warts and all. It's easy to play without being overly simplistic. There is a huge user base, so with a little looking you can usually find a group to play with. Since most people are familiar with the system and apps like D&D Beyond make character creation easy, it usually doesn't take long to get right to playing. Even when WotC isn't producing supplements that I want, I find that 3rd parties are constantly coming up with things that I do. Almost everything I like to play runs on the 5E engine either directly or with tweaks.
I have to mention Runehammer Games once again. I am crazy for Index Card Roleplaying Game which is stand alone, but also lets you plug several gimmicks in to make 5E better. Then there's D&D Hardcore Mode which makes 5E feel a little more oldskool.
There is a new product coming from Runehammer Games--which just partnered with Modiphius for distribution--called Viking Death Squad. It is a stand alone game with nothing to do with D&D as such but I can't wait to play it because the art and ideas from Runehammer have been great so far.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/viking-death-squad






No comments:

Post a Comment