Tuesday 17 August 2021

RPGaDAY2021:Day18--Duel

 #RPGaDAY2021 Day 18. With the roll of a '2' today's prompt is 'Duel'.

Short and sweet today. I will recommend one of my favorite old movies, 'Captain Kronus: Vampire Hunter' from Hammer. Looking at the picture alone you can imagine that a lot of dueling will take place in the movie...and it does. There is also a 'party' aspect to the whole thing with the protagonist himself, his hunchback side-kick, and even a fighting girl thrown in eventually. Almost all of the Hammer movies put me in the mood for some 'Ravenloft', but for whatever reason Captain Kronus always reminds me of 'Castlevania'.
I also have to mention 7th Sea 2nd edition--altough it's pirates and not vampires as such...unless you wanted it to be--and the dueling rules therein. This is a really fun sub-game within the game...maybe not so much for the other players, but between the GM and the duelist quite a lot of strategic fun to be had.






No comments:

Post a Comment