Wednesday 11 August 2021

RPGaDAY2021:Day 12--Think

 For #RPGaDAY2021 and day 12 I rolled a '1' and thus the topic is 'think'.

If everything is more or less going well for you, you have the luxury of spending free-time thinking about subjects like the state of TTRPGs.
It should be well documented for those reading my entries, that I'm not happy with the WOKE direction the mainstream wing of gaming is headed. I fight in the culture wars on the social media battlefield waving the flag of traditional conservative gamers who want gaming to remain fantasy and keep identity politics or politics of any kind for that matter out of it--but I can only do that because I'm in a position to do so. If I were thinking about where my next meal was going to come from or whether or not there was a roof over my head, the fact that soyboys have D&D prom gender fluid edition heading toward the market wouldn't even be on my radar. The question becomes then, should it be on my radar now? It's not as though I'm forced to buy the thing and there are more than enough legacy products and OSR clones of such to keep one busy for a lifetime. I think that's something I should really think about.



No comments:

Post a Comment