Thursday 19 August 2021

RPGaDAY2021: Day 19--Style

#RPGaDAY2021 we're at day 19 and my vacation is ticking away. Today I rolled up 'style'.
Keeping these things extra short especially this deep into the month.
My favorite style of game is going to be rules light. Apart from 5E which I definitely think fits the description, I have fun with Ryuutama and ICRPG--and its spin-offs--because they are relatively easy. Most people have neither the time nor the desire to read through the rules. It turns them off right away. During play nowadays I have to look at a 3-hr max. I can go shorter...I might even go slightly longer...but the days of the epic session are long behind me. I don't play with the 'wild teen' tangent, but I do teach and I just don't think most of them have the attention spans to hang past a 3hr session even if they have the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment