Sunday 22 August 2021

RPGaDay:Day 22--Substitute

 #RPGaDAY2021 Day 22:Substitute

This will be the shortest one yet. Here in no particular order are the RPG (related) activities that I enjoy: 
* Reading rulebooks and old modules
* Reading or listening to novels based on TTRPGs
* Watching TTRPG discussion or unboxing videos 
* Working on my VTT campaign
* Commenting on the hobby--just like here
* Watching streaming games
* Playing RPG style video games
* Playing non-RPG style video games
* Watching movies with RPG themes
* Playing on a VTT
* Running on a VTT
* Playing a one-off live table with strangers
* Playing a one-off live table with friends
* Collecting older RPG materials including: dice and toys
* Backing TTRPG crowd funding projects--much to the wife's chagrin. 
All of these activities and any I may have missed are fun for me and keep me in touch with the TTRPG hobby when I can't play, but each and everyone of them are just a substitute--and sometimes a poor one--for playing in a regular live table with a group of well-known, life-long friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment