Saturday 12 August 2023

RPG a Day 2023: The 10th Anniversary Edition--Day 12 Old Game You Still Play

With an entry like this one we need to define old. For the most part all I get to play is D&D 5E or a variant. Hard to believe it's been out since 2014. That's not exactly fresh and new. I also like running different old modules from previous editions, so technically the material is even older.

There's a lot of talk these days about Balder's Gate 3, but it's not even coming out on XBone, so I started looking around at older video games and decided to start playing the first Dark Alliance game. It dates all the way back to 2001. I'm pretty sure the version you get from Xbox is called 'enhanced', but nothing really changed. There isn't much in terms of character creation. There are only three character types and you don't even get to name them or build their stats, but it's still holding up so far on my initial play through. 




No comments:

Post a Comment