Tuesday 29 August 2023

RPG a Day 2023: The 10th Anniversary Edition--Day 29 Most Memorable Encounter

We're getting toward the end now, so things do begin to peter out. I've played a lot of games over the years so certainly there must be a memorable encounter or two in there somewhere seeing as how I enjoy the game as a player and as a judge, but when I stop and think of a specific encounter, things do tend to run together. There isn't just one super-special encounter that comes to mind. There are several I'm going to list in what my Mandela Effect addled mind remembers to be chronological order:

* Very early gaming memory running the cool DC Heroes game with the wheel for my brother. He was Batman and he threw a piece of doggy doo at the Scarecrow and it knocked him out. 

*This triggered another memory of running for my brother this time with Marvel Superheroes wherein he  had a knockdown drag-out fight as Daredevil fighting the Silver Samurai.

*I remember playing a D&D game with my friends. Two characters--dwarves or halflings I really can't remember that one--sat smoking weed from a "large sack" because it was standard in the equipment list. My character--definitely a dwarf--and my other friend's character--he was playing as my brother--got into a fight with some creature. Our characters survived but my friend was pissed off at all of us both as a person and a character and he threw a fit--in game--punched my guy in the nose, then found the other two guys and beat them up and threw them down a cavern because none of us helped in the fight--them smoking and me just playing my typical cowardly character. 

*I was running a cyberpunk game and one of the characters was a Rockerboy. The character was invited up to the apartment of a special lady and before anything happened, we ended the session. The player missed the next session. I ran for the other guys and we left the Rocker in the room throughout the session. The next week the rocker was found in the party's van. He was disheveled and it looked as though the lady had had her way with him...but he didn't remember a thing. The girl actually didn't force herself on him the way he thought--instead she had inserted a tracking device. So he was violated against his will after all just not in the same way.

I do love the hobby, but you know after a while it all starts to run together. 









  


No comments:

Post a Comment