Thursday 31 August 2023

RPG a Day 2023: The 10th Anniversary Edition--Day 31 Favorite RPG of All Time

There are so many favorites. I really like Ryuutama and Cyberpunk 2020. The original World of Darkness got tons of play back in the old days and of course Marvel Superheroes was the one that really started it all for me...but it has to be D&D.  It may well be the McDonald's of TTRPGs but it's also iconic for a reason.  I'm not as enamored as the true fanboy who says there would be no TTRPGs without D&D, but I don't think TTRPGs would have ever gotten as "big" as they have under any other name. 

So this wraps up another year of RPGaDay. It's hard to respond to every entry with something worthwhile, but it's fun trying to meet the challenge. I like reading and watching the responses and look forward to next year...but I like taking the break. 






I may have said it before, but didn't we all learn to play the same way, being taught by two pretty girls?


No comments:

Post a Comment