Monday 7 August 2023

RPG a Day 2023: The 10th Anniversary Edition--Day 8 Favorite Character

 I'm almost positive I've answered this one or a  similar one in an earlier RPGaDay. I've had several appearances by my female gnome bard, Gnissa Fumblebuck, which was a play on one of the suggested names for gnomes in 5E. I think their suggestion was like Stumblebum or something like that. In my head cannon my current character at the table is her brother, Gnubnaver. He's an arcane trickster. I don't like him as much as Gnissa, but for me at a live table it's far easier to be a male. When we have a real girl playing at the table, I tend to play males,  but when it's all males at the table, I have more fun playing as a girl character--it gives me a chance to play a character without reason or accountability. My regular live group sometimes gets to have a one-shot or two throughout the year and I like the human female cleric pregen--from what I think is basic--named Maxalla Trigosta. I have a lot of fun with her by playing her as very masculine and using all the current tropes of 'modern audience' sensibilities as she is the most "Mary Sue" of characters that can be as long as the dice cooperate--Keep in mind this is a legit PC so my concept of her being better than everyone  at  everything doesn't always work out since I'm not the one running the game. I haven't put her in one of the games where I GM  yet, but maybe one of these days I'll bring her around. 




1 comment: